Tuesday 13 September 2011

CROSS COUNTRY SEASON

MESSAGE FROM OUR LADIES CAPTAIN - SALLY DRENNAN
>
> The cross country season is starting this weekend. On Sunday, 18
> September the East Cork Cross Country Championships will be held at
> Tower Park, Youghal.
>
> During the year I have had a few queries from people who have
> expressed an interest in cross country running. I am sorry that it
> is such short notice, but that seems to be the nature of this event!
> For anyone who has never tried cross country running and would like
> to give it a go this is an ideal starting point. It is a relatively
> easy course (3000m for women and 6000m for men). Generally very few
> people run in this event so it is not too daunting. The categories
> are novice and masters (over 35 and over 45). Teams are made up of
> three women or four men.
>
> Unfortunately I won't be running as I am injured, but I will be there
> and would love to see a Midleton AC team in action!
>
> The county championships will be held in early October and as soon as
> the dates are available I will circulate them.
>
> If you are interested or have any further questions please give me a
> call on 021 4883960 or 087 2265857
>
> Regards,
> Sally
>