Wednesday 13 September 2017

Gillian Runs The Great North Run

Well done to club member Gillian Bransfield who ran the Great North Run on Sunday. Here is what she says on Facebook about her amazing experience. Well done Gillian and thanks for the advertising.


Just had the most 'canny' weekend in Newcastle. A persistent injury has kept me out of race action for almost 6 months, so I thought I'd start back with something low key. Just me, Mo Farah & 40,000+ others taking on the biggest half-marathon in the World, at the Great North Run 😁 Good job I brought my support crew from Cork & London to help with the race prep!!! Thanks to their efforts & the roar of the 'Toon Army' lining the entire route, you couldn't really go wrong 😄 I even managed to slip in a little advance publicity for next year's Midleton 5 race